Thinking about buying a car with us? As you prepare for that deeply satisfying moment when you drive home in your shiny new best friend, it might have occurred to you that—oops—there’s barely enough space in the garage to pull it in, what with all the general clutter of living.
To help you out, here’s a bit of inspiration for getting your garage organized, cleaned up and new car-ready.
1. Use an old file cabinet to store your garden tools.
2. … or use an old pallet.
3. Store your recycling bins on the wall.
5. Get out the label-maker.
6. Use a magnetic knife rack to keep drill bits in order.
7. Use pegboards. Lots of pegboards.
8. Fill a wall with basket-based storage.
9. Use Ikea shelving to make the mudroom vertical.
10. Hack a custom bike rack.
11. Give vintage metal lockers a new lease on life.
12. More ceiling storage!
13. … and even more ceiling storage!