One of the great things about buying and selling your car with Tred is that you miss out on the standard hassles of buying a car through a dealer, or buying/selling using advertisements. From the moment you start your search to the moment you seal the deal, the old ways of working in the vehicle marketplace typically involve a good deal, more pressure, and more vulnerability for all parties. Tred is different, because it gives you freedom to think, research, choose, and bid on a pre-vetted car—all from the comfort of your own home.
The Old Way: Going to a Dealer.
Let’s say you decide to go to the dealer. Here’s what you can expect:
- Miles of red tape. Lots of forms, lots of questions, lots of pitching from salespeople in the process of trying to nail down the sale while also raising the price with extras.
- Option packaging (bundling features together into “packages”) that mean you effectively have to pay for things you may not want to get things you do want.
- Schmoozy car salespeople who “want to get to know you” when really you just want to browse.
- Having to be constantly on your toes with knowledge regarding the car(s) you might want, so as not to get convinced to spend more than you should.
- That “now or never” pressure you get when someone wants to close a deal (when in fact, you could probably walk in next week and get the same deal).
The Old Way: Buying and Selling with Ads.
The other old way is to buy and sell without a dealer, which has the benefit of cutting out the middleman, but you pay for that in other ways, such as:
- You have no retail warrantee to fall back on, and no guarantee if something should go wrong with the car. You have to be prepared to notice anything wrong with the car on the spot.
- For dealers, you will doubtlessly get plenty of annoying phone calls or texts (“I’ll trade you my ’84 Accord plus a toaster over!”)
- Sellers might waste half your day waiting on someone who doesn’t show up.
- Often, those who present as private sellers are actually dealers, and there’s no real way to know this until you show up. This brings with it all the problems of buying from a dealer, so you have to be prepared for that.
The New Way, the Better Way: Tred.
Here’s what you get with Tred:
- You can window shop online as long as you want, with zero pressure to buy anything at all. No sales pitches, no option packages – what you see is what you get.
- You can carry out informed background research on the cars available, and take your time doing it.
- You have peace of mind knowing each and every one of the cars listed on Tred has gone through our 150-point inspection.
- You can browse the inspection results, warrantees and guarantees, and vehicles histories for Tred cars online – no surprises!
- You don’t have to deal with buyers if you’re a seller, because we do that for you. No annoying texts or time-wasting.
- Red tape is truly minimal, and streamlined for simplicity.
- You get to walk away with the car you wanted at the price you wanted. Score.
What annoys you about the car shopping process? We’re always listening and improving our platform based on feedback from people like you.
If you have a questions or something to add, shoot us a tweet!