Hydrogen, electric, and hybrid vehicles are selling like hot cakes. At TRED, we hear great things about green cars every day as more and more auto manufacturers are making environmentally friendly vehicles packed with advanced technologies. Check out some of our favorite features…
1. Shhh! Hybrid cars allow drivers to switch to electric vehicle (EV) mode to use battery for those times when quiet driving is essential.
2. Not only do LED lights look cool, they’re sharper and brighter than standard lights. Even better, they use less energy. Check out the LED lights on the newest Lincoln MKZ for an example of how to get it right.
3. It’s the little things make the TRED team happy! There are lots of clever features that have been incorporated into the BMW 330e, but we love the eDrive Remote app that shows drivers where the nearest charging station is.
4. It only takes a second of inattention to cause an accident, no matter what type of car you’re driving. Green drivers are kept safe thanks to radars that alert them when they get too close to the car in front. Our favorite is the special feature that automatically brakes in order to prevent a collision.
5. If you’re an aircon addict, switching to eco-mode in many green cars will be a real boost to efficiency levels. It modifies aircon usage so you stay cool AND green.
6. We love what the Toyota Prius designers have done with their ‘Shift By Wire’ technology. Not only does it make gear changes easier, it also puts the Prius into ‘park’ mode when the driver’s door is open and seatbelt is unbuckled.
7. If you’ve ever been a backseat passenger after a collision, you’ll appreciate the inflatable rear safety belts that come as standard with the latest Ford Fusion Hybrid. They distribute crash-force energy better than traditional belts, support the head and neck, and reduce the risk of injury. They’re also compatible with children’s car seats.
8. Panoramic views aren’t just for gas guzzlers. It’s becoming standard for green cars to include panoramic cameras as standard.
9. Ride-sharing is one of the best ways to keep emissions down. But do you really want to be stuck in the backseat for a couple of hours if you’re six feet tall? The designers of the Nissan Versa Note have made sure backseat passengers can travel in comfort too, with their adult-friendly backseats.
10. One of our favorite features belongs to the Tesla Model S. The medical grade air filtration system removes 99.97% of particulate exhaust pollution and all allergens, bacteria and other contaminants from cabin air. Great news all-round.
Drivers of green cars don’t have to sacrifice style or comfort, far from it. Eco-friendly emissions stats are just the start when it comes to evaluating these vehicles – striking design, innovative safety packages and clever features make environmentally friendly cars an appealing option.